Wood without compromise
David Gilbert Joinery Ltd. is a certified nationwide supplier of joinery manufactured using Accoya.
Accoya® is the world’s leading high technology long life wood. The Accoya® wood production process takes sustainably-sourced, fast growing softwood and enhances nature, creating a modified wood that matches or exceeds the durability, stability and beauty of the very best tropical hardwood.
A new world of high performance wood, sustainable, low maintenance products – including windows, doors, decking, cladding and glulam structural beams – is opened up by Accoya wood. The exceptional properties of durability, stability, strength and beauty have even led to Accoya wood being used as the main construction material in a heavy traffic road bridge with a highly original design.
Accoya is helping to protect the world’s precious hardwood resources and is guaranteed for 50 years in exterior use and 25 years when used in the ground. This long life also provides an added benefit – helping to reduce carbon emissions.
Accoya® acetylated wood creates beautiful and sustainable possibilities, even in demanding applications.
What are the Benefits?
- Ideal for all decking situations in extreme temperatures
- Low thermal gain
- Splinters are much less than other wood species when used for decking
- Offers improved insulation in comparison with commonly used hardwood and softwood species
- Ideal for applications where energy conservation is important
- Easy to machine and process
- No special tools are required
- Indigestible to a wide range of insects, including termites
- Greatly reduced vulnerability
- Consistent, measurable modification quality from surface to core
- No need to apply chemical preservatives when cut or planed
- Process does not compromise the wood’s natural beauty
- From FSC and other regionally certified woods
- Naturally renewable
- The process does not compromise the wood’s strength
- Hardness is increased
- High strength to weight ratio makes it suitable for challenging applications
- Protects the environment from the harmful effects of common treatments
- May be safely reused, recycled and incinerated